Choose a Game
Navigation
Latest Setups
Site Statistics


If you like this setup, vote for it by clicking the thumbs up icon below.

More information on the Setup Voting system can be found in the FAQ.
Vote for Setup 4841    New Setup for BMW 320i Touring Car      
Setup ID
Tuner
Make
Car
Model Year
Track
Votes
Views
Horsepower
Best Lap
Date Entered
Last Modified
4841
2003
Suzuka Circuit
6
16006
270
2:08.712
02/08/2006 11:44 PM
02/13/2006 5:18 PM  
Muffler Racing Suspension Racing
Racing Chip Normal Transmission Full Customize
NA Tune None Clutch Standard
Front Tires R3 - Medium Flywheel Standard
Rear Tires R3 - Medium Carbon Driveshaft None
Nitrous None GT Auto - Wing None
Turbine Kit None Limited Slip Full Customize
Intercooler None AYC None
Supercharger None VCD None
Brakes Normal Weight Reduction None
Brake Controller Equipped Increase Rigidity None
Setup Item Front Rear Setup Item Front Rear
Spring Rate 10.0 11.5 Stabilizers 4 4
Ride Height 62 65 Brake Balance 2 2
Shock Absorbers Downforce 25 30
Shock Bound 6 8 LSD Init. Torque 5
Shock Rebound 7 8 LSD Acceleration 5
Camber Angle 2.2 1.0 LSD Deceleration 5
Toe Angle -1 0 Nitrous
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th Final Auto Set
3.355 10
ASM
Oversteer
ASM
Understeer
TCS Ballast
Balance
Ballast
Weight
AYC VCD
0 0 0
Stock setup w/ Oil change,
Friendly virtual race with Rac3rX and I.
No settings yet until after the race. Ignore the figures above, dummy figures only.

Rules of the race ...
300Hp max, not 301hp or above, 300hp or below. Check the hp in Garage info page after selecting the car. The same screen where you can sell the car. Or check in the tuning screen where you modify the parts by pressing "start" button.

Weight to be NO LESS than 1120kg. 1120kg or above please.

Engine Displacement MUST be within 1.8L (1798cc) to 2.4L (2400cc).

Medium racing tires.

No NOS !

Any other upgrade parts permitted as long as it keeps within the above rules.

Tune to the best of your ability.

PSN:
Joined: 06/06/2005
Last on: 03/03/2015
Setups: 50
Posts: 354
Updated 02/09/2006 12:30 AM Post a reply Quote this post View Rac3rX's info
Cool Im here.

Im Getting 2:11 average, and Ive got some spots to trim some time off that. So I still need to shave a second off to catch your average & 3 for your fastest. I got under 100 mile on her at this track though so Im getting the hang of this car on that track, another 100miles or so and I should be averaging 2:10 nicely.

It should make for a great race.

However its more "Racing" in family cup (I like the tire ware aspect quite a bit & The 2 laps makes it more dificult) and less "Time Attack" & me chasing down your curent fastest.

The other cars arnt much to worry about, just cut a early line through them.

PSN:
Joined: 11/22/2001
Last on: 10/16/2016
Setups: 267
Posts: 1460
Posted 02/09/2006 12:45 AM Post a reply Quote this post View Fumes's info
Rac3rX wrote:
Cool Im here.

Im Getting 2:11 average, and Ive got some spots to trim some time off that. So I still need to shave a second off to catch your average & 3 for your fastest. I got under 100 mile on her at this track though so Im getting the hang of this car on that track, another 100miles or so and I should be averaging 2:10 nicely.

It should make for a great race.

However its more "Racing" in family cup (I like the tire ware aspect quite a bit & The 2 laps makes it more dificult) and less "Time Attack" & me chasing down your curent fastest.

The other cars arnt much to worry about, just cut a early line through them.


Hmmm, might not be a bad idea. We can use the total race time as an indication of placing.
What opponent difficulty? 0 ?

After this 320i race, we can have more fun.
We'll do another race, this time with FF cars. To get back to the subject of fine tuning FF cars.
Next race we get to pick any FF car, tune it but keep to the usual rules. This way car choice can be (or not) a critical factor.

I saved a screen shot of the 2:08:712 lap, in case there was any doubt.

PSN:
Joined: 06/06/2005
Last on: 03/03/2015
Setups: 50
Posts: 354
Posted 02/09/2006 1:34 AM Post a reply Quote this post View Rac3rX's info
Fumes wrote:
Rac3rX wrote:
Cool Im here.

Im Getting 2:11 average, and Ive got some spots to trim some time off that. So I still need to shave a second off to catch your average & 3 for your fastest. I got under 100 mile on her at this track though so Im getting the hang of this car on that track, another 100miles or so and I should be averaging 2:10 nicely.

It should make for a great race.

However its more "Racing" in family cup (I like the tire ware aspect quite a bit & The 2 laps makes it more dificult) and less "Time Attack" & me chasing down your curent fastest.

The other cars arnt much to worry about, just cut a early line through them.


Hmmm, might not be a bad idea. We can use the total race time as an indication of placing.
What opponent difficulty? 0 ?

After this 320i race, we can have more fun.
We'll do another race, this time with FF cars. To get back to the subject of fine tuning FF cars.
Next race we get to pick any FF car, tune it but keep to the usual rules. This way car choice can be (or not) a critical factor.

I saved a screen shot of the 2:08:712 lap, in case there was any doubt.



Yeah (The Dificulty level dont matter (We aint racing them) But keeping it low (Arround 0 ) keeps them out of my way, Thats How I like it.

Im getting fractions faster every few laps, Im down to 2:11:529

Im going to get a new one and leave out the Cage.

PSN:
Joined: 11/22/2001
Last on: 10/16/2016
Setups: 267
Posts: 1460
Posted 02/09/2006 1:48 AM Post a reply Quote this post View Fumes's info
Yep, I didn't use a cage, too stiff and seemed to cause too much understeering.

I'll try family cup tonight if I get a chance.
Report total (2laps) time tomorrow.

PSN:
Joined: 06/06/2005
Last on: 03/03/2015
Setups: 50
Posts: 354
Updated 02/09/2006 11:13 AM Post a reply Quote this post View Rac3rX's info
Fumes wrote:
Yep, I didn't use a cage, too stiff and seemed to cause too much understeering.

I'll try family cup tonight if I get a chance.
Report total (2laps) time tomorrow.


Ill see if it helps without, I have a feeling it should (Shes not going quick enough to benifit from the added rigity)

This is odd the Power reading on my new one is 270hp (Not 269hp) Ill have to figure that out later (My old one must of been close to 150 miles on it and showed sighs of a little bad oil or something)

I broke into 2:10 Sop I think Im ready to race, Ill run the Family Cup latter today (And I junked the Roll Cage, Definatly Less undeersteer)

PSN:
Joined: 06/06/2005
Last on: 03/03/2015
Setups: 50
Posts: 354
Updated 02/10/2006 12:23 AM Post a reply Quote this post View Rac3rX's info
Round 1

I Call Big Grin

PSN:
Joined: 06/06/2005
Last on: 03/03/2015
Setups: 50
Posts: 354
Updated 02/10/2006 12:24 AM Post a reply Quote this post View Rac3rX's info
Trafic was a Bitch in the first corner, but I made out alright... Ill get better when I see where your at so far.

4:30:617 Latest

PSN:
Joined: 11/22/2001
Last on: 10/16/2016
Setups: 267
Posts: 1460
Posted 02/10/2006 12:23 AM Post a reply Quote this post View Fumes's info
Big Grin

Shall we share settings?

How about you call the next race ? FF car please, any car, as long as it is within our agreed rules.
Your choice of track.

PSN:
Joined: 06/06/2005
Last on: 03/03/2015
Setups: 50
Posts: 354
Updated 02/10/2006 12:27 AM Post a reply Quote this post View Rac3rX's info
Sure, I figured We would Run a Race First, But I got no problems with that.

I Got the Replay from the Latest time (Pretty Sweet) I cut through trafic like a Katana Blade (I found a great line right through them.)

PSN:
Joined: 06/06/2005
Last on: 03/03/2015
Setups: 50
Posts: 354
Posted 02/10/2006 12:29 AM Post a reply Quote this post View Rac3rX's info
Fumes wrote:
Big Grin

Shall we share settings?

How about you call the next race ? FF car please, any car, as long as it is within our agreed rules.
Your choice of track.


Yeah, Im down for that Too, Ill get back to you with a Track & Car in a Bit, Im going to shop arround for something I havnt tuned yet.

PSN:
Joined: 11/22/2001
Last on: 10/16/2016
Setups: 267
Posts: 1460
Posted 02/10/2006 12:30 AM Post a reply Quote this post View Fumes's info
Rac3rX wrote:
Trafic was a Bitch in the first corner, but I made out alright... Ill get better when I see where your at so far.

4:30:617 Latest


I haven't had a chance to try on family cup yet.

PSN:
Joined: 06/06/2005
Last on: 03/03/2015
Setups: 50
Posts: 354
Posted 02/10/2006 11:48 AM Post a reply Quote this post View Rac3rX's info
Rac3rX BMW TC Suzuka Family Cup

Heres My 4:30 Run

Ill hunt another car for us to race with today.

PSN:
Joined: 05/05/2005
Last on: 12/23/2016
Setups: 61
Posts: 370
Updated 02/11/2006 1:16 AM Post a reply Quote this post View aspen's info
Trafic was a Bitch in the first corner, but I made out alright... Ill get better when I see where your at so far.

Hey rac3rx, is your difficulty set at zero? I passed all the ai clean before the first turn.

Peeled out of work early and gave your guys challange a whirl for about an hour, 2.12.xxx and 4.32.xxx so far, doubt I'll catch either of you. Could set these races up on a board challange somewhere? or are you guys one on one? Ninja Master

Edit: I broke into 4.29.xxx (2.17.0x 1st lap 2.12.8x 2nd) without touching ai and two wheels on or over track at all times. Took me another hour or so, starting to feel like a license test, probably won't go any further. I have a set I'd like to post but I'll waite until your times are in.

Peace

PSN:
Joined: 06/06/2005
Last on: 03/03/2015
Setups: 50
Posts: 354
Posted 02/10/2006 8:19 PM Post a reply Quote this post View Rac3rX's info
aspen wrote:
Trafic was a Bitch in the first corner, but I made out alright... Ill get better when I see where your at so far.

Hey rac3rx, is your difficulty set at zero? I passed all the ai clean before the first turn.

Peeled out of work early and gave your guys challange a whirl for about an hour, 2.12.xxx and 4.32.xxx so far, doubt I'll catch either of you. Could set these races up on a board challange somewhere? or are you guys one on one? Ninja Master

Edit: I broke into 4.29.xxx (1.17.0x 1st lap 1.12.8x 2nd) without touching ai and two wheels on or over track at all times. Took me another hour or so, starting to feel like a license test, probably won't go any further. I have a set I'd like to post but I'll waite until your times are in.

Peace


Sweet Time, Ill have another run at it later tonight. GREAT To have another player.

I had it set to 10 for that Run, First couple of run were just to break the Ice. If they get in my way to much Ill get rid of them with 0

PSN:
Joined: 06/06/2005
Last on: 03/03/2015
Setups: 50
Posts: 354
Updated 02/10/2006 11:29 PM Post a reply Quote this post View Rac3rX's info
4:28:607 Big Grin Latest Time. I ran a 2:16:680 Lap 1 & 2:11:927 Lap 2 Cool (I will update My Vid, if the time isnt beat)

Alright I got My Set up where I want her Big Grin

oh yeah, Im a member of www.gt4tuneshop.forumsplace.com But Fumes I think is only here, this WAS a more one on one thing, but anybody who wants in is welcome to post there times and participate (BUT if you do, Just be Sure the Car Qualifies).

PSN:
Joined: 05/05/2005
Last on: 12/23/2016
Setups: 61
Posts: 370
Posted 02/11/2006 1:15 AM Post a reply Quote this post View aspen's info
Cool cool cool, now where talking, I'll give another go when I get a chance. I have got 2.16.7xx on first lap and 2.11.9.. on second lap just not in the same race A Little Slow

I'm going to race for no more than one more hour on this and then move on. No need for replay vid (my computer is too slow anyway) or screen shot of time I trust we are all adults here.

There should be a time limit on the next challange. A few days?

PSN:
Joined: 06/06/2005
Last on: 03/03/2015
Setups: 50
Posts: 354
Posted 02/11/2006 2:29 AM Post a reply Quote this post View Rac3rX's info
aspen wrote:
Cool cool cool, now where talking, I'll give another go when I get a chance. I have got 2.16.7xx on first lap and 2.11.9.. on second lap just not in the same race A Little Slow

I'm going to race for no more than one more hour on this and then move on. No need for replay vid (my computer is too slow anyway) or screen shot of time I trust we are all adults here.

There should be a time limit on the next challange. A few days?


Agreed. Nod

Any Track & Car sugestions?

PSN:
Joined: 05/05/2005
Last on: 12/23/2016
Setups: 61
Posts: 370
Updated 02/11/2006 4:28 PM Post a reply Quote this post View aspen's info
I know you guys are looking for a ff..... I don't like ff that much so maybe a lupo cup car? or the old alfa romeo? don't really care. A short track would be cool, autumn, autumn mini, suzuka east etc...

I'll post my best time for this and my set later today when I get home.

Edit: Modilista?, I have a black ff race car I won somewhere not sure if this is it, I'm not at home so I can't check the game, came with r1 tires and 200 + bhp.

Edit: most cars I mentioned don't fit fume's rules, how about a sunfire gxp concept.

I'm going to post me bmw set now, don't have time to improve time.

PSN:
Joined: 06/06/2005
Last on: 03/03/2015
Setups: 50
Posts: 354
Posted 02/12/2006 4:31 PM Post a reply Quote this post View Rac3rX's info
Fumes wrote:
Big Grin

Shall we share settings?

How about you call the next race ? FF car please, any car, as long as it is within our agreed rules.
Your choice of track.


Alright I posted My set up.

As for the Next car, Ill get back to you.

PSN:
Joined: 11/22/2001
Last on: 10/16/2016
Setups: 267
Posts: 1460
Posted 02/12/2006 5:14 PM Post a reply Quote this post View Fumes's info
aspen wrote:
I know you guys are looking for a ff..... I don't like ff that much so maybe a lupo cup car? or the old alfa romeo? don't really care. A short track would be cool, autumn, autumn mini, suzuka east etc...

I'll post my best time for this and my set later today when I get home.

Edit: Modilista?, I have a black ff race car I won somewhere not sure if this is it, I'm not at home so I can't check the game, came with r1 tires and 200 + bhp.

Edit: most cars I mentioned don't fit fume's rules, how about a sunfire gxp concept.

I'm going to post me bmw set now, don't have time to improve time.


Aspen, I know most people hate FF cars, especially for racing.
But Rac3rX and I have a reason for wanting to use FF cars.

We both wanted to exchange FF tuning ideas and theories in an effort to improve on setups for these FF drivetrain cars. There is no one else here that will indulge us in these sorts of conversations.

That, and I mentioned to Rac3rX that a friend of mine and I race Touring cars BTCC style a lot and how much fun it was with some FF cars. We race in real life, ie, in one living room, on two TVs, on two PS2s linked. However since we only have this site and a great physical distance between us, this is the best alternative.

So in an effort to tune FF cars and while making it fun, we have come up with this little friendly challenge.
Member Login
Currently Online
GT Links
Auto Links