|Welcome to the Gran Turismo Tuners Vault. We host the most comprehensive
tuning database for Gran Turismo players on the web. Take a look around and try out some
setups. Please register to post setups or comments - it's free.
|Happy Thanksgiving and Happy B-Day to GTVault
Posted by Kerr 11/24/2005 4:46 PM
To those celebrating Thanksgiving, I hope you have a good one. I am home for a bit between two dinners that I am attending today.
Also, let's wish a happy 4th birthday to GTVault. Actually, I launched the site on 11/22/2001, but that day was Thanksgiving so I'll go with that as the launch anniversary. The site has come a long way since the initial launch in the GT3 days. I appreciate everyone's contribution in making the site what it is today.
|New Feature: Advanced Car Search
Updated by Kerr 11/16/2005 1:26 AM
I'm very excited to announce the release of the Advanced Car Search
, another feature exclusive to GTVault. As always, feel free to post your feedback.
From the FAQ
The Advanced Car Search
page is a complex yet powerful GT car search engine. With Advanced Car Search
you can search for and display virtually all car related data in the GTVault database. The Search form is laid out in two sections. The top section takes various inputs to use as a search filter. The bottom section contains checkboxes for the items to display in the search results. Using a combination of these, one could answer any GT car related question. Here is an example:
In GT4, Which FR cars from the USA have a Stock HP rating over 300?
- Go to the Advanced Car Search page
- Select "USA" from the Nation drop down list
- Select "FR" from the Drivetrain drop down list
- Enter "300" under the "More Than" column for "HP"
- Check "Stock HP" (and any others you'd like) in the "Columns to View" section
- Click the "Search" button
- A list of FR cars over 300 Stock HP is displayed
- Click any of the column names to sort by that column
- For example, clicking the "Stock HP" column twice will place the highest HP cars at the beginning of the search results
The above example was a relatively simple one. Any car question, no matter how simple or complex, can be answered by using the Advanced Car Search
. It should come in especially handy when researching which car to use for restricted events.
- If no "Columns to View" are checked, Make is automatically selected to ensure results formatting is correct.
- Use Ctrl + click on the "Make" and "Nation" drop downs for multiple selections.
- When viewing search results, click the "Edit Search" button at the top right to modify your existing search. This will save time when you wish to change an already complex set of search criteria.
- From search results, click a Car Name to view all details for that car
- From search results, click a Setup quantity to view all setups for that car
- All text fields in the "More Than" and "Less Than" columns are designed for numeric entries.
- Car Name is always displayed first in the search results, regardless of what columns are chosen.
- After sorting on any column, you can save the URL as a bookmark for future use
|New feature: Knowledge Base
Posted by Kerr 10/23/2005 1:10 PM
Looking through the posts at GTVault, I have seen a lot of common questions asked and answered. I've implemented a Knowledge Base
as a central area to house common tips/tricks, tuning guides, etc. There are currently very few items, but this will grow over time. Let me know if you have a good write up or guide that you would like to see posted.
|A couple enhancements
Posted by Kerr 08/28/2005 6:48 PM
I just released a couple enhancements to the site. First, members who were here for the original incarnation of GTVault will remember the Site Stats section listing a total count of users and setups. I've reintroduced the Site Statistics, which you'll find at the bottom left corner of each page. It's not one of those "couldn't live without it features", which is why I didn't set it up until now.
Secondly, I retooled the Top Ten Lists
. You may now look at each top ten category for the last 7 days, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, last year, or forever. This levels the playing field by showcasing newer and recently active tuners. In addition, I added a new category named "Votes per Setup". Enjoy!
|2005 Auto Show In Motion
Posted by Kerr 08/04/2005 10:00 PM
Each year GM sponsors an event held in select cities around the US called the Auto Show in Motion
. I attended the event last year and had a great time. I had the chance to drive an '04 Z06 and a ton of other cars, including a lot of the competition. I'm already registered for the 2005 event and wanted to get the word out to those who are interested and have access to one of the following locations:
Anaheim, CA 8/11 - 8/14
Pomona, CA 8/18 - 8/21
Kansas City, KS 8/25 - 8/28
Houston, TX 9/8 - 9/11
San Diego, CA 9/15 - 9/18
Dallas, TX 9/15 - 9/18
Chicago, IL 9/29 - 10/2
Las Vegas, NV 10/6 - 10/9
St. Louis, MO 10/13 - 10/16
San Francisco, CA 10/20 - 10/23
San Jose, CA 11/10 - 11/13
I hope some of you can make it!
|New Feature: RSS Feed for new setups
Updated by Kerr 08/03/2005 7:01 AM
Users of Mozilla Firefox
and other other RSS readers can now take advantage of GTVault RSS Setup feeds. The new feeds mirror the content in the "New Setups" sidebar, and are linked at the bottom of the "New Setups" sidebar. Here are the direct URLs:
GT4 New Setups
GT3 New Setups
If you aren't familiar with RSS or what it does, I highly recommend you look here
for more info. RSS can make your web experience a whole lot simpler.
|New Feature: Prize Car List
Updated by Kerr 08/01/2005 6:59 PM
I had to delay development on a lot of useful features during the release of GTVault for GT4. One of those features was a Prize Car List
. The permanent link to the list is located in the Navigation section at the left. A couple notes:
- Each list column can be sorted by clicking the column header.
- Each list column can be filtered by typing a search string and then clicking the "Filter" button at the top right corner. Filters can be reset by clicking the "View All" button, also at the top right.
- League name links redirect to a list of Events for each league.
- Event name links redirect to the detail page for each event.
- Make links filter the Prize Car List for each make.
- Car name links redirect to the detail page for each car.
- Just like all other GTVault features, the list is backward compatible for GT3.
I hope you guys can get some use out of it. The filters should help out quite a bit.
|2005 Chicago Auto Show
Updated by Kerr 07/29/2005 12:39 AM
I went to the Chicago Auto Show in early February. I've been meaning to post some shots I took, but it's obviously been low priority. For anyone who's never been and plans to attend, go early in the day
. The throngs of people get much worse as the day wears on. I had a great time though and would like to do it again someday.
Lotus Elise (purple)
- The paint on this one looked beat up
Lotus Elise (red)
Morgan Aero 8
- This car's in PGR2 on XBox. Sort of pretty or ugly depending on how you look at it.
- This car should be in GT4.
Porsche Carrera GT
- So should this one.
Bentley Continental GT
- I couldn't get a good pic of the engine compartment cutaway, but it was impressive.
Aston Martin DB9
Ford Shelby GR1 Concept
- This was the hit of the show. The skin is made of polished aluminum. The car is not at all blue, that's just the lighting.
Ferrari 360 Challenge
Jeep Hurricane Concept
- This thing has two Hemi motors in it. It was the coolest thing I've seen out of Jeep in years.
Jaguar Advanced Lightweight Coupe Concept
- Aston envy.
Lexus LF-A Concept
Lexus LF-C Concept
Noble M12 GTO-3R
- I would trade 20 of the Skylines in GT4 for this car.
- Ugly but a damn impressive piece of technology.
Jaguar S-Type R
- Totally blacked out with BBS rims.
- I tried to get a picture that captured the scale of the show. You're looking at about 5% of the show here.
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
- I hate the rear end of these.
Subaru Impeza WRX
- with lots of SPT parts.
Toyota #10 IndyCar
- I saw Darren Manning finish 7th in this car @ Kansas Speedway. It seemed everyone was cheering for Danica Patrick as she took the pole. She ended up in 9th.
Chrysler test track
- The size of some auto shows I've attended.
Aston Martin Vanquish
Corvette C2 Convertible
- a 1966 if I recall. Corvette aficionados please keep me honest.
Dodge Viper Coupe
|Stealing setups will NOT be tolerated
Updated by Kerr 07/07/2005 9:28 PM
I was hoping I'd not have to write a post about this, but apparently there are a lot more assholes playing GT4 than there was GT3. Quite simply, if you are caught stealing setups from another tuner, all of your setups will be deleted and you will be banned. This goes for setups posted anywhere on the web.
My apologies go out to the tuners whose setups were stolen. All known instances of plagiarism have been removed. Let me know immediately if you see any in the future.
For clarification, it is not prohibited to use one's setup as the basis for your own. Give credit where it's due.
|Post your setup requests here
Posted by Kerr 06/27/2005 6:37 PM
I've seen this asked a few times in various areas, and both the racers and tuners seem to be in favor of a dedicated area for setup requests. In lieu of a more organized approach, feel free to post your setup requests to this thread. I have an idea for setup requests that ties in with the car lists, but I don't know how easily I can make it happen.