I went to the Chicago Auto Show in early February. I've been meaning to post some shots I took, but it's obviously been low priority. For anyone who's never been and plans to attend, go early in the day
. The throngs of people get much worse as the day wears on. I had a great time though and would like to do it again someday.
Lotus Elise (purple)
- The paint on this one looked beat up
Lotus Elise (red)
Morgan Aero 8
- This car's in PGR2 on XBox. Sort of pretty or ugly depending on how you look at it.
- This car should be in GT4.
Porsche Carrera GT
- So should this one.
Bentley Continental GT
- I couldn't get a good pic of the engine compartment cutaway, but it was impressive.
Aston Martin DB9
Ford Shelby GR1 Concept
- This was the hit of the show. The skin is made of polished aluminum. The car is not at all blue, that's just the lighting.
Ferrari 360 Challenge
Jeep Hurricane Concept
- This thing has two Hemi motors in it. It was the coolest thing I've seen out of Jeep in years.
Jaguar Advanced Lightweight Coupe Concept
- Aston envy.
Lexus LF-A Concept
Lexus LF-C Concept
Noble M12 GTO-3R
- I would trade 20 of the Skylines in GT4 for this car.
- Ugly but a damn impressive piece of technology.
Jaguar S-Type R
- Totally blacked out with BBS rims.
- I tried to get a picture that captured the scale of the show. You're looking at about 5% of the show here.
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
- I hate the rear end of these.
Subaru Impeza WRX
- with lots of SPT parts.
Toyota #10 IndyCar
- I saw Darren Manning finish 7th in this car @ Kansas Speedway. It seemed everyone was cheering for Danica Patrick as she took the pole. She ended up in 9th.
Chrysler test track
- The size of some auto shows I've attended.
Aston Martin Vanquish
Corvette C2 Convertible
- a 1966 if I recall. Corvette aficionados please keep me honest.
Dodge Viper Coupe