News will be coming in fast and strong - soon - with the TGS starting in a few days, so you can add the info here as it comes in.
SONY has started putting a few official and regional GT forums live on the web, with a few Asian ones and the US one first out of the gate.
Find yours here
. Find the US one here
Basic GT5 details and news from TGS/2009:
Copied & Pasted from the G4 blog. (with a post edit)
- Released March 31st, 2010, for Japan, "to achieve a suitable scale and quality"
- World-wide releases are unknown, at this time
- GT PSP unlocks GT5 cars
- Cars: Over 950, and the newest hybrid and electric cars
- Over 20 locations and 70 tracks, including: the Alps, Nurburgring, Southern Italy, Tokyo
- Physics: new physics, damage & roll-overs, movable objects on the track
- Arcade Mode: Single Player, split-screen two player
- GT Mode: World Map, My Garage, Car Dealer, Tuning Shop, Championship Race, and License Test
- Online: Open Lobby, Text/Voice Chat, Private Room, On-line Photo Album, On-line Replay Album, and you can export replays to YouTube
- Photo Mode: Photo Drive, Photo Stage - significant improvements
- GT TV: Improved UI, export of videos to PSP, and progressive downloading
- Lots of awesome spark effects
- according to IGN, the damage engine we see in action in demos is only a couple of months old
- all cars have some damage including internal, with street cars getting cosmetic damage and (some?) race cars getting full damage
- GT PSP development held up GT5 development